The Chandragiri Fort is located at Chandragiri which was once upon a time the Capital city of the Vijayanagara Empire and is linked with the Aravidu dynasty. The Chandragiri Fort dates back to 1000 AD. Overtime, more and more improvements were made to it to make it more beautiful and elegant to look. The fort is strategically located over the top of a small 183m hill. The southern side of the hill is enclosed by strong walls, surrounded by a ditch so as to prevent any intruder from entering into the fort. The remains of the lower fort contain the two Mahals, the lower portion of which is built in stone and the upper in brick. The main building known as the 'Raj (Chandragiri) Mahal' is majestic in appearance and with the modern colorful lighting system introduced, the Mahal is a delight to the eyes and gives a nice view to the eyes during night. The modern town of Chandragiri lies to the east of the hill on which the fort stands.
Sound & LightShow is conducted here:
1st Show (Telugu): Nov-Feb: 6.30 pm to 7.15 pm; Mar-Oct: 7.00 pm to 7.45 pm
2nd Show (English): Nov-Feb: 7.30 pm to 8.15pm; Mar-Oct: 8.00pm to 8.45 pm
Ticket Cost: Adult: Rs.20/- Child: Rs.10/-
Contact Telephone: +91-8574-72249
Chandragiri Fort can be reached by Bus. The Distance to Chandragiri Fort from Tirupati is 12 kms.